Data Migration Consultant, Bradford, UK
Data Migration Consultant / Bradford / 3 months / Talend / Pandora / Stibo STEP / Competitive rates
This is an opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing expert Data Management consultancies in the UK who employ permanent and contract consultants who consistently rate as a company as one they would recommend to their friends.
Comma believe in being fully immersed in every organisation that we undertake a programme of work with, imparting knowledge at the same rate we absorb it. We are serious about providing a delivery service that puts the client first and ensures their data and content works for them in perfect harmony. Reciprocal learning is at the core of what we do.
Roles, Responsibilities and Experience:
This is a role for a data focused person who is passionate about sharing information with business and technical teams rather than building impenetrable black boxes of code.
As a Data Migration Consultant for the Comma Group, you will deal directly with the client throughout the engagement. Your main objective will be to design, build and test the technical components required to successfully migrate supplier and contract data from a number of legacy systems into Stibo STEP MDM following Comma’s delivery model and data migration approach. You will play a pivotal role in the cutover activities, which will be rehearsed in multiple cycles.
The Data Migration Consultant will work closely with the client’s data services team to ensure that they comply with internal regulations and standards (e.g. data security).
Activities will include:
- Iterative development of data migration components including
- Data quality checks & reports
- Lineage validation
- Setting up and managing of a controlled, auditable data collection platform (tooling to be determined)
- Contribute to weekly data quality improvement meetings, providing summary reports and details
- Execution of frequent end to end tests
- Execution of cutover (may involve out of hours work)
- 1+ data quality toolsets ideally Talend or Experian EDQ (Pandora)
- 3+ full cycle data migration projects using industry recognised good practice approaches
- 3+ years Consulting experience
- Master Data Management tools desirable, ideally Stibo STEP
- Agile & Waterfall methodologies (experience with both is advantageous)
- Retail sector
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your details using the form opposite.